The Sustainability Group was founded by industry pioneer Amy Domini in 1987 as the socially responsible investing arm of Loring, Wolcott & Coolidge, a 200-year-old asset management firm. Guided by our deep commitment to creating a more just and sustainable world, we offer clients the opportunity to profitably invest their assets in a manner that can make a positive difference in the lives of people and our planet. In addition to managing customized portfolios of public equity holdings, we offer an active shareholder advocacy program that includes thoughtful proxy voting and direct corporate engagement, as well as robust impact investments directly in community development financial institutions (CDFIs). For more information on the firm, please visit www.lwcotrust.com and www.sustainabilitygroup.com.
Working with the ESG Lead, the ESG Analyst will be responsible for developing and maintaining tools to effectively integrate Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) analysis into our stock selection and valuation process. This role requires an individual that has a passion for sustainability, thrives collaborating with a fast-paced team, has strong attention to detail, exhibits excellent analytical and communication skills, and is nimble, self-directed, and can meet tight deadlines.
- Conduct comprehensive, analytical ESG research on existing holdings and potential new investments.
- Maintain the Sustainability Group’s central repository for ESG indicators.
- Conduct thematic and timely research on ESG opportunities and risks.
- Create materials summarizing ESG company performance to be used with clients and prospects.
- Conduct ESG research to support/inform corporate engagements and proxy votes.
- Help conduct the Sustainability Group’s annual carbon footprint project including collecting, collating, and scrubbing relevant data, conducting year-on-year analysis, and presenting findings.
- Track relevant news, regulatory developments, policies corporate practices relating to sustainability.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 2-4 years’ work experience in professional services preferred
- Strong passion for and knowledge of ESG issues and topics
- Proficiency with both quantitative and qualitative research, analysis, valuation, and writing
- Expertise in MS Suite required; experience with Bloomberg, FactSet, or similar platforms preferred
- Ability to problem-solve and synthesize complex data/research into digestible, actionable outputs
- Willingness to learn new areas of job responsibilities
- Consistent and strong follow-up skills with strong attention to detail
The ESG Analyst will report to Head of the Sustainability Group. This position is non-exempt and is required to work Monday through Friday. It may necessitate flexibility in hours, from time to time, with little or no advance notice. The ESG Analyst is expected to be based in the Greater Boston, MA area.
COVID-19 considerations: This position currently is in a hybrid state, requiring both in-office and remote working locations, due to the pandemic. Remote work and in-office work requirements are subject to change and are evaluated as part of the firm’s back to work plan.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and is subject to change by the employer, as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.